Q: How much does this cost?
A: The Personal Care Aide Certification has a one time fee of $349 plus 8% tax ($27.92) so the total is $376.92. The Senior Care Auditor Certification Membership has a one-time fee of $449 plus 8% tax ($35.92) so the total is $484.92. These one-time fees include everything (first year of membership, education, certification, testing, listing in the registry, frame worthy certificates, gold lapel pin with shipping upon program completion and continuing education). After the first year of membership there is a $20/year renewal fee which includes recertification and continuation of all other membership benefits.
Q: How does membership work?
A: The steps are as follows:
- Fill out the Registration form.
- Once your payment has been processed you may immediately sign in and go to the “Member Login” tab to access your education program modules.
- You must start with the CertifiedCare Family module (read the e-text and take the timed, online certification exam) prior to moving on to the next program.
- Once you pass each exam you will be able to immediately download your frame worthy certificate to save/print out for immediate use.
- You will receive your gold lapel pin within 10 business days of passing your last modules exam.
Q: Is there a time limit for completing the program or for taking the quiz?
A: There is no time limit for completing the program or module of your choice. Each modules' exam has its own unique time limit that ranges from 40 minutes to 90 minutes.
Q: How long is my certification and membership valid?
A:Certifications expire after one year from certification date. Renewal is $20 for the next year and includes recertification.
Q: How do I pay?
A: All payments are processed securely. To access your programs immediately use Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, PayPal (Bill Me Later/PayPal Credit is an option). We do accept mailed in payments by certified check or money order but this will delay your access to the members only portion of site and all programs.
Q: What if I don't pass the exam?
A: Though most people pass on their first take it is not unusual for students to require retakes so we do allow you to retake the exam free of charge.
Q: Do I have to be at least 18 years of age or older to get certified by CertifiedCare?
Q: Do I have to be a member to access the certification programs?
Q: Does CertifiedCare always require an exam for certification?
A: Yes, a quality education and testing program is what distinguishes our members from the rest and will give you respectable credentials that are important in the growing field of caregiving.
Q: Is it complicated to become certified by CertifiedCare?
A: No. The steps are this simple:
- Register and pay for your membership level
- Study the material
- Pass the multiple choice / true-false exam
- Be automatically entered in to the Caregiver Registry
- Download certificate and receive your gold lapel pin within 10 business days
Q: Do many people fail the exams?
A: No. Please do not get psyched out about taking these exams. The exams are not difficult nor tricky. It is open book, multiple choice and true and false. As long as you have read the material you should pass. If you fail these exams you might want to carefully read the material, if you consistently fail you perhaps should consider a different career. We care about our reputation and we want capable, qualified caregivers associated with us.
Q: What is CertifiedCare's definition of a caregiver?
A: You are a caregiver if you:
- You provide primary care to someone who is frail, or has a chronic illness, special needs or disease.
- Manage medications or talk to doctors and nurses on someone else's behalf.
- Help bathe, feed or dress someone who is frail or disabled.
- Take care of household chores, food preparation, or bills for someone who cannot do these things alone.
Q: How do I get a frame worthy certificate?
A: Frame worthy certificates are immediately downloadable when you pass your exam to save/print from the website. If you would like gold sealed certificates mailed to you then please request the Gold Sealed Certificate upgrade via email.
Q: Do I have to read all of the modules to get the certain certificate that I want?
A: No, but you must pass all of the exams in the order required. The Family Certification module is before (prerequisite to) the Personal Care Aide Certification module, which is prerequisite to, the speciality certification modules. The Senior Care Auditor module should be the last exam you take. If you think you know the material then prove it and test out. You are not required to complete any reading assignments that you do not want to complete but we suggest you review all of your e-texts so that it will be easier for you to pass the exam(s).
Q: What if I registered for the CertifiedCare Personal Care Aide membership but now I want to upgrade to be a Senior Care Auditor?
A: No problem! This happens all the time. Just send us an email letting us know you would like to upgrade and we will email you an invoice for the difference (upgraded membership price minus what you have already paid for your current membership level). Once the invocie is paid we will provide you access to the upgraded membership content.
Q: What is CertifiedCare's refund policy?
A: Full refunds (minus PayPal's fee for processing the transaction) may be granted up to 3 days from the date of registration OR until the Member Login portion of the website is accessed, whichever comes first.