Our Mission is to influence, establish and uphold higher standards of care for older adults nationally and internationally through advocacy and education.
- CertifiedCare was concieved of and founded by an experienced caregiver.
- CertifiedCare was established in 2008 in Ohio, USA for caregivers who serve the elderly.
- CertifiedCare was formed for the purpose of raising awareness of and reducing the incidence of elder abuse and neglect through education.
- We meet our purpose by educating, testing and certifying family and professional Personal Care Aides in dozens of areas relating to the proper care and non-medical treatment of frail elders, the developmentally disabled or chronically ill adult.
- CertifiedCare executive leadership has been a proactive voice for caregiver support and education as well as the fight against elder abuse for many years by drafting state legislation and providing advocacy at the state, federal, and global level.
CertifiedCare.org offers five (5) Care Aide certification which are legal and valid in all jurisdictions:
- Family Caregiving for the Elderly Certification
- Professional Care Aide Certification
- Alzheimer's-Dementia Caregiving Certification
- Special Needs Caregiving Certification
- Senior Care Auditor Certification
However, CertifiedCare programs may not be subsituted for any particular states unique requirements.
Certification Membership proceeds fund our numerous community service initiatives:
- CertifiedCare advocates at the State and Federal level for caregiver support, education and the fight against elder abuse.
- CertifiedCare helps elders stay safe in their homes through the Sweet Relief grants program.
- CertifiedCare provides free education to the public in order to minimize elder abuse and neglect through their sponsorship of the ElderCareAdvice blog.
- CertifiedCare sponsors the Sweet Relief Community Action Program which allows the public to earn money spreading the word about caregiver education.
- CertifiedCare ensures outstanding caregiver education and respected credentials are available to its members.
At CertifiedCare we understand that caring for an elderly person is NOT like caring for a child. Our certification programs are available 24/7 in 193 countries (if you have access to internet then you can use our programs).
|What We Do:||What We Do Not Do:|
|Senior Care Auditor Certification||CPR Testing|
|Personal Care Aide Certification||Clinical Testing|
|Online Ed & Testing for PCAs and SCAs||State Licensing|
|Our Credentials Verification||Advice to General Public|
|Our Members Support||Business Consulting|
|Facility Caregiving Staff Certification||Legal Advice|
|Government Policy Advocacy||Finger Printing|
|State Legislation Drafting||Childcare Certification|
|Caregiving Ed Content Creation||Caregiver Staffing|